See I always have big, grand plans for December. I think I’ll attend several Christmas parties, spend time relaxing and thinking about the season, perhaps do Advent for myself (not just my class), make Christmas cookies, and watch classic Christmas movies (you know the ones I’m talking about right? The old claymation movies, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th St., It’s a Wonderful Life, etc). Instead my to-do list ends up looking like this…
- Finish making Christmas present for friend (who reads this blog, so I can’t tell)
- Paint scenery for school program
- Make school program music (which means actually mixing music, not just making a quick cd- it took over four hours!)
- Work on present for parents (31 handprints per kid later, we’re making super cute handprint calendars)
- Finish making Christmas cards (quick, spend 28 hours on those so that the FIVE mom wants to sign can sit on the table for over a week waiting to be signed so I can mail them BEFORE Christmas)
- Buy that one last present that I never get on time, even though it’s the biggest one and I HAVE to get it because it’s from four other people who are all counting on me.
- Babysit niece and nephew at least three times more than I planned and on nights that I don’t really have the time for them
- Go see the NEW movie that I’m dying to see, but that has nothing to do with my picturesque Christmas movie plan
- Help figure out how to make sure the babies (who are supposed to be Jesus) don’t look “like terrorists”
- Ambitiously agree to help figure out NEXT year’s Christmas program two days after this years
- Figure out how to make a crib look like a manger, and after thinking about it for days, get told that we can just wrap some paper around the one part they don't like- it totally doesn't need to look like a maner!
- Stare sullenly at the giant pile of Christmas movies every time I come in or out of the house wishing I could just sit for two hours and watch one of them
- Spend an entire weekend at holiday magic with two different friends (wait, I actually really enjoyed that one-I’ll post pictures AFTER the Christmas program tomorrow-I mean today)
And that, dear friends, is why I haven’t posted in over a week because that, that is just this week’s to-do list. :(
Also- did you know that my last post was my 100th? If I’d known, I might have written a special post just for that, but I just realized today when I was posting number 101, so.. I didn’t.