I like to re-evaluate last year's resolutions before I write new ones. So here's what I resolved last year-
1. Be a better blogger- write a real post at least once a week, and update my layout by the end of the month. Failure. Instead I had a terrible downward spiral and didn't blog for months. Sorry.
2. Get back to South Beach basics (you can check out my other blog for more details) Failure. I ate a lot of pasta and fruit. And then trashed the holidays.
3. Leave comfort zone/take more chances. This is what we decided all my quotes meant. I am going to seek out new ways to meet new people, spend more time with my single friends, and find new social opportunies all to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. I feel my success at this is pretty well documented here- rock climbing, roller skating, dating, running...
4. Seek spiritual satisfaction. Sarah doesn't know about this one (well now she does, she reads this blog), but we did talk for awhile about religious vs. faithful and why she believes what she believes. My resolution is to find a spiritual advisor and seek out what I believe (belief? I can never remember which is which, perhaps I should make learning that a resolution...). Failure. But I'm still working on it
5. Exercise a minimum of 30/day 5 days/week. This is things like rock climbing (which, just wait, I have a great post planned with pictures and everything!!), take a yoga class, learn to swim, train for the fox trot... I have plans is what I'm saying. I should have said 3x/week. Failure.
6. Be financially responsible. Pay off my credit cards (shouldn't actually be super hard as my total credit line is like $1,000), and save the extra money in my check (I just got a raise) instead of spending it. Hahahahahaha. Failure.
7. Scratch at least three items off my bucket list. I'm thinking I can probably do at least some of the following- I managed one.
3. Visit the White House, Supreme Court, and Capitol Building
10. See Gettysburg
16. Weigh what my doctor's height/weight chart says I should weigh
47. Be present at a birth (supposed to be at my new nephew's in February)
So I wasn't exactly successful at my resolutions last year. Guess it's a good thing I have another year to try :-)