Monday, September 12, 2011

Not A Creepy Guy

Something happened the other day. I didn't want to write about it until now, because I had other more important things to say yesterday. But now I'm going to tell you about one of my best days.
First of all, my best friend's grandmother is like a grandmother to me. So the other day I went over to her house to craft. I spent the entire day working on...something that I can't tell you about. But it was fun. I thought Kristin was out of town, so when her family called Nona (her grandmother) to tell her what they were doing for supper I started to pack up so I could leave when they got there. But instead they asked me to join them. I assumed Kristin had decided to stay home for some reason, so I said yes. Then I drove Nona and myself to the restaurant. Yeah, Kristin was not there. It was just me and her family. But it was great. I had so much fun talking with her family and eating Mexican food. Already this was going down in my mind as a great day.
On the way home Nona asked if we could stop at Walgreens, which of course I agreed to. As we walked in a young man walking out to his car smiled at me. I was waiting for Nona to get out of the car and I smiled back. We exchanged pleasantries ("Nice night we're having, huh?" that sort of thing). Then the young man asked for my name. I figured, there's no harm in my nice generic first name, so I told him and he said to me, "Well Tina, I just want to tell you that you are incredibly beautiful." Ummm...thanks? I have literally never been told that before. Then as Nona caught up with me and I turned to leave he said "It was nice to talk to someone as sexy as you." Wow! I have never felt so good about myself. Thank you strange man in the Walgreens parking lot for giving me the best ego boost of my life! This day will indeed go down as one of my best.
Now if only secret crush boy thought the same thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment