Saturday, September 24, 2011

5k

I am a GOOD blogger! No life has been super crazy lately. Tomorrow is my 5k which is super exciting. Plus since it’s at the zoo, we can hang out afterwards. I’m pretty excited hanging at the zoo, I haven’t really been there in a while. So I’ve been getting ready for that. One of the parents at my work ran a half marathon a few weeks ago, so she dropped her daughter off a little late because they’d slept in but she was just going in to work late. I’m off on Monday. Do you know the difference between a half marathon and a 5k? A 5k is 3.2 miles. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. Also this mom ran hers, I’m walking mine (with intermittent jogging possibly). Yet I’m the one who took the day after off work. I shouldn’t compare myself to her though, she’s pretty much amazing. Actually, I shouldn’t compare myself to anyone. I should just be myself and just calm down. Although I am pretty happy lately. I’ve lost 35 pounds in the last few months. I’m wearing the smallest size I’ve worn since high school. I have energy to burn. I’m happy.
On the other hand.
My mom hasn’t told me this yet, but my sister in law told me that someone is renting my house starting on November 1. I live in my house. Apparently until some undetermined time before November 1. I found a home for my cat. I can get a storage unit for my stuff. I told my best friend my plan is to sleep in my car one night, she’ll kill me and I won’t have to worry about it anymore. No, more seriously, anyone have ideas about where I can get another job? Because so many people are completely unemployed it almost feels greedy to look for a second job, but it has to be done.
Anyway, I think after the 5k things should slow down. Then I’ll blog more often. Unless I die. Then I won’t blog at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment