Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'm back (I hope)!!


So the last few months I’ve been feeling burned out on life.  Not one single thing seemed to go the way I wanted it to and it took more energy just to get up in the morning and go to work than I had to expend.  Thus there was no writing anything.  Every creative outlet, in fact, was barred to me because I was so worn out.  Which only wore me out more because I need to express myself through paint, or words, or photography.  I have to do something.  I finally realized I needed a break from the daily grind to recharge, to reenergize, to relearn what it is that makes me tick.  A break from every obligation of life- no people, no work, no plans.  Just me, my computer (and thus my novel), and a bag full of art supplies.  So I started Goggling, trying to find the perfect solution.  It turns out that when one is looking for a quiet getaway, Google only knows about two kinds- a spiritual retreat led by some sort of religious leader (and thus chock full of obligations) or a romantic getaway for two.  I struggled to figure out what a single girl who just wanted to be left alone was supposed to do.  But I finally found it.  And it’s even within my budget.  I don’t leave until November, but just knowing that I have a plan has helped the creative juices start flowing again.  I can feel plot lines wrap around me and characters that had fallen silent are whispering in my ear again.  I’m trying to refrain from writing to much about my novel (because it’s still very fragile and criticism can only break it at this point), but while I’m waiting to go on vacation to really dig back into it, I’m back to writing here.  Which is in itself a good sign.  I don’t promise any kind of regularity or even quality, but I’m hoping that I’m finally through the darkest part of my personal crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment