Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So Many Things

Oh internet, I have so many things to tell you. First of all, my poor friend from high school has been waaaaiiiiting for her brand new teeny tiny (she’s adopting) and she got picked and the baby was due to be induced. June 3. Then June 17. Today is June 16. She was told today they will induce on Monday.
Also, when you work in daycare, your FAVORITE part of the job is the day your state supervising agency shows up. Especially when the last time they came your center was issued 18 citations (17 of which were for stupid things like a rip in the carpet in a part of the church we don’t even use and one of which was for a teacher who deliberately broke rules). That was two years ago. They came again on Tuesday, which was a week later than she was supposed to come (which screwed up my plans). We were issued zero citations and the DCFS (Department of Child and Family Services) lady complimented me and my class alone three times. Awesome!!
For the second time this year I had to blow three hundred dollars on peace of mind. That is, internet, I found a lump. Two separate times. My doctor (I use the term loosely since I visit a clinic when I have medical needs) made me spread $300 on a test to find out I have cysts. Twice. Assuming you can read (I hope I can assume that since you’re reading this), you know I am supposed to leave on vacation in just over two weeks. Interent, that was all my vacation money. I am now hundreds of dollars in the hole. Joy.
Hopefully next time, I will be able to tell you that my friend had her baby, my verbal compliments made it onto paper, and I figured out where to cut costs. Otherwise, have a fantastic day!!
**Update** bio mom gave birth on Monday, on Tuesday my friend found out bio mom had changed her mind and wasn't giving up the baby, so their back to waiting and hoping and praying to be picked :(

No comments:

Post a Comment