Friday, January 14, 2011

Doctors Lie

So, I know I've been on a kick lately where I tell you about the news instead of whatever you normally get here. And I do promise to get back to that other stuff real soon, but first I have to share one more news item with you...
Dr. Burke reports, "No evidence exists that feeding children a high-sugar diet will induce hyperactivity, despite the common belief that it does."
Uh, really? Because I work with kids on a daily basis, and let me tell you- sugar snack day is always crazy day. Not that we give them pure sugar or anything, but if we have cookies at 3:00 for snack, I promise you by 3:30 when we're getting ready to go into our classes, the kids are hyperactive and insane.
Don't believe a real doctor said it? Click here for the full article.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's just stupidity. lol. I love how "professionals" think it's so important to think OUTSIDE of the box. I'm sorry, but common sense makes me smarter. lol. If my childs' doctor ever said that to me, I'd get a new doctor. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA - I don't believe that whole sugar doesn't induce hyperactivity in kids. You can give my kids a cup of juice and in about 20 minutes - they're all over the place!!!!

    ReplyDelete