Monday, January 31, 2011

English Country Dancing

So you know how a few days ago I blogged about how I love proposal stories? Well I have one more to share with you. On Sunday the Jane Austen Fan Club I attend hosted an English Country Dance. Some people from Fermilab who do those dances demonstrated and then they taught us a few. I had just seen Jessica and J (who have been dating for a few years now) on Saturday (which I’ll tell you about later)- Jessica was ring free. When we got up to dance, pretty much the first thing I noticed was her shiny new ring. Later she told us her story.
On their first date she and J had walked to a local landmark known as “the castle”. Yesterday J made her go for another walk to the castle, which she didn’t really want to do, because it was cold, but she did because after all she does love him. When they got there she was looking at the castle and he was standing behind her. He tapped her on the shoulder and got down on one knee and asked “Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” Of course she said yes, and the rest is romantic history (or future depending on what you’re talking about).
She apparently knew it was coming soon-ish because they had picked out her ring together, but she says she was still surprised, and of course my JAFC and I are happy for them. Congratulations guys!
Also, English Country Dancing is fun. If you don’t really know what I’m talking about, watch any Jane Austen movie, the dancing they do at the ball is English Country Dancing. Alternatively, you could just check out my pics.
First the demonstrators:

Next a group of people learning the dances:
Here are the participants, participating:
Jessica and my friend J (he recently told me that "like many people a part of him wishes he could be blurry in all photos" therefore, I think he turned his head on purpose):
Kristin learning to dance straight from one of the fermilab men (I danced with him later, he was very nice and very good at what he does)

No comments:

Post a Comment