Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

The Swan ThievesThe Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh…my word. That was simply beautiful. I finished mere moments ago, and already I long to pick it back up and start again, looking for the meanings I missed the first time through. It wasn’t what I expected, based on Kostova’s previous novel I expected something more…supernatural I guess. Instead I found an achingly beautiful novel about love and loss and heartbreak and so much more. Honestly, this is one of my favorite novels. My biggest problem is how very much it made me want to see some famous paintings. It made me long to create something beautiful or haunting. There are simply no words beyond- read this novel. Drop everything, call in sick to work and snuggle in to read this.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment