Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Zoo RunRun

So I just realized I never told the internet all about my first 5k and it was weeks ago! I had a great time even though we mostly walked it. It took the walkers (my team was made up of three walkers- me, Leah, and Katie and a runner- Amber) 42:13 to finish, which is...respectable I guess. I don't know I've never done one before. Also, I raised 45% of my goal. Next year I think I'll register earlier and work harder to raise funds.

There were a few "special" things. There was supposed to be water at the halfway point, but by the time we got there (about the middle of the pack) they were out of cups and were packing up. Then there was supposed to be water and bananas at the finish line. Again, by the time we got there, they were out. Then there was supposed to be a healthy breakfast we could buy afterwards, but they only had sugared fruit and white bagels (not actually healthy).

Leah and I are training to actually run a 5k in the spring (yikes!!) which pretty much means my body hurts ALL THE TIME, but I kind of like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment