Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Burny Crispy Owie Pain

Today my class had our bi-annual (is that the right word for every two years?) 50/50 carwash. It was technically free, but we accepted donations, which nearly everyone made. The money is split 50/50 with half going to our end of summer celebration and half going to charity (UPDATE: The kids decided to donate to two differant charities since we raised so much money. We will be adopting a tiger from WWF and donating $25 to Little Angels, a home for severely disabled children and young adults. they picked both charities themselves!). We raised $100 (including Miss Tina’s generous donation of $30 for a car wash that left both dirt and water spots on my car) in a car wash that was supposed to go from 1-3. We washed our first car at 12:30. We finished our last car at 4:00.

In other news my skin is normally this color.



Now it is this color.



In case your color is off, in the summer I tend to avoid the sun and am a nice truly healthy shade of mid beige. While my arms are currently a brown with pink undertones, at the moment by chest and back are pink-red. I don’t QUITE resemble a lobster yet, but another day of sun and I will. There’s a reason you’re supposed to reapply sunscreen every two hours, even if the bottle says “Sport” “Waterproof” and “All day protection”. Tina is burny-crispy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment