Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Night

Last night I had an Oscar party, which is not something I’ve ever done before. Nonetheless, it was TONS of fun. I invited a few of my bookclub friends to bring a snack, enjoy the show and the company, and hang out. The party was exactly the kind of party I like, just a few good friends who all know each other so I don’t spend all night introducing people and getting people talking, I just get to hang out and enjoy the party. Did you watch the Oscars? Were you happy with the winners? For once I had actually seen almost all the nominated movies (you know, except things like “Foreign Language Film” and “Live Action Short” because, puh). As a fan of movies, I of course had my favorites, although my fav was a long shot at best. I liked The Fighter. I told you about the afternoon I saw it over New Year’s. Perhaps it’s because it was the first of a series of Oscar bait that I saw, but even now, months later, it’s still my favorite. I loved the cinematography (not even nominated), the acting (won best supporting actor and actress, but Mark Wahlberg wasn’t even nominated), the directing (nominated, but lost to The King’s Speech), and the screenplay (nominated but lost to The King’s Speech).
I enjoy Anne Hathaway’s movies and I had a great time last night. But I lay my enjoyment completely at the feet of my friends, because Anne and James were terrible Oscar hosts! I sort of hated that intro video of Anne and Hathaway inceptioning their way through the Best Picture nominees, I didn’t think they were funny or even truly interesting, and I don’t think they did the job of hipping up the Oscars. Jon Stewart did a better job. Super fun night anyway. Also, I’m so excited that my bookclub is going to go see The King’s Speech.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun. :) I'm not a huge fan of the Oscars... or anything like that. :/

    ReplyDelete