Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Painy and Falugal

Painy [pain-ee] adj.- The way one feels after running one's first eighth of a mile for the night and feels like ones stomach and heart may jump out of one's body in protest while one's legs twitch uncontrollably in order to try to force one to STOP RUNNING DEAR GOD JUST STOP!

Falugal [fah-loo-gal] adj.- The experience one gets when running, just past "painy" and just before "passing out-y", the stomach and heart remain in the body, the legs no longer twitch and the burgeoning runner feels fantastic as if s/he can do crazy things like possibly consider training over the next year to run a half marathon (13.1 miles)

So you know how I've been like walking and stuff with my friends Leah and Sarah? And how I walked that 5k thing a few weeks ago? Well apparently I'm going to be running a 5k in the spring. And the thought of running the 10k at the zoo next year instead of 5 has crossed my mind. As has the thought of a half marathon, and then maybe someday, a full marathon. I had to coin a whole new word for the crazy things I think when I'm...running. Because I run now. Actually, I think the correct term is jog. I think I jog now. But I think I'm supposed to be running in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment