Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolute

I resolve to be a better blogger.
I resolve to read The Simarillion.
I resolve to continue on my way to a healthier me.
I resolve to remember, in all things, "If you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll keep getting what you've been getting.", and all the implications therein.
I resolve to remember also, "I would rather regret things I've done, than things I haven't." I also resolve to not let my 20s end without doing something to look back on, whether I regret that thing or not, is for time to tell- but I will do something.

Most of those resolutions are not "good" resolutions, in that they are vague without any supporting details to round them out and make them actually mean anything. I'll work out the details later this week, I just wanted to share the things I've been thinking about this week. This was my last New Year's Eve in my twenties. It was also the last of the child-free holidays in my group of friends since Jamie and Chris will have a teeny-tiny of their very own by mid-April. There are many changes in store for our little band of travelers* this year. Hopefully, some of them will be for me. It was thinking about all this, that led to the resolutions above.

*This is kind of a "my friend J-ism" but sometimes I think of my group of friends as a weird little fellowship, except without being stalked by orcs or the need to destroy the One Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment