Thursday, July 26, 2012

One of the quotes I've been trying to focus on this is year is "Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to yesterday".  So I was trying to think about improvements I've made in the last year.
Last March someone took this picture of me-
Last time I went roller skating, Sarah Mason took this picture of me-
So, although I'm still not really where I want to be yet, I have made progress towards losing the weight I want gone.  So that's one improvement.  Also, note that in the first picture I'm sitting down on the beach, because that's the awesomest kind of thing I used to do.  In the second picture I'm out of my comfort zone, roller skating, because that's just how I roll now.  I also went rock climbing.
Did TWO awesome 5ks (btw, I'll be signing up for the zoo run again soon, and then I'll be asking for donations for the conservation fund!).
I hugged a guy dressed up as Bane at a Batman marathon (alright, going to the marathon might not really be getting out of my comfort zone, but hugging the hot dude in costume certainly is!)
 
So I guess what I'm trying to say, is that the me of today kicks the me of yesterday's ass.  And that is a comparison I should be able to get behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment