Thursday, July 5, 2012

Unicorn Success Club- The Dirty Girl

Sunday Katie and Leah and I did the Dirty Girl Mud Run.  It was a fantastic experience.  I can't wait to do it again next year actually.  The basic idea of the mud run is that it is a 5k with a variety of obstacles to be completed during the course.  There were professional photographers taking pictures, they'll be available for me to view on Friday.  I probably won't purchase them for you to see because they are very expensive.  But I do have a starting picture that we took.

That's Katie, me and Leah about a half hour before we started the run.  From the starting line we climbed hay bales, army crawled through muddy water pits, climbed up a wall, used a rope to get up a dirt "mountain", and went up and over a huge cargo net obstacle among other things.  Here's a picture as we crossed the finish line.
Basically, the best thing I could have done for the last weekend of my twenties!

(P.S. Leah and I saw Jenny Lawson, the orginator of the Unicorn Success Club, in Chicago recently and when we told her that was our running team name she told us we would be in Double Unicorn Success Club when we made ten miles- three down, seven to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment