Sunday, March 6, 2011

Relay For Life

Do you know what Relay For Life is? It is "the main volunteer-driven cancer fundraising event of the American Cancer Society". This is the second year one of my co-workers is participating in Relay, co-captaining a team with a friend of hers who just weeks ago came out of remission (ovarian cancer, first diagnosed in 2009). My co-worker brings her Relay CD to work and listens to it in her class (she has "young 2's" the class right below mine). She gave me a copy as well, and my kids also listen to the music. We talk sometimes, about why Ms. Debbie likes this CD and I tell them that she has a sick friend and that this CD is part of helping make that friend feel better. Anyway, the CD has a song on it that is very meaningful to me also, so I wanted to share that with you. I looked for a Relay video with the song I wanted, but there wasn't one on youtube, so here it is with lyrics instead.

I'll try not to ask such things of you often, but...If you want to help my co-worker's team raise money to fight cancer, you can donate to her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment