Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation Part Two

So my mom and I left for Michigan at about nine Saturday morning. It took us nine hours to drive to my uncle’s cabin in Michigan. I already told you about some of the disasters the happened while we were there. I did get very excited about getting to see the Northern Lights on Tuesday Night. It’s on my life list. Sadly, there was cloud cover, and it mostly looked like search lights in the sky (I’m not scratching it off). Then there was supposed to be a repeat Wednesday night, so we went out to see it again. Alas, the dog and I had seen both a bear that day (from about ten feet away) and I stupidly told my mom about seeing wolves (like fifty yards away when I saw them). So, when Neelix got all freaked out and growly, she made us go in, in case there was a wild animal nearby that would like to eat us.
By Wednesday I was ready to come home. None of my family was up there with us, so it was just me and my mom. We don’t like to do the same things, and I was bored. I read twelve books between Saturday night and Wednesday night. Thursday I woke up super early, and we left by seven. An hour from the cabin my mom realized that she had forgotten to turn off the gas. Fortunately when she called my uncle he mentioned wanting to go North this weekend, so we didn’t have to turn around. Now I’m home, and I can’t wait to go back to work on Monday. I think I’m a loser :(
Pics later!

1 comment:

  1. NOT a loser. :)
    You failed to mention the fun date you went on on Friday. :D

    ReplyDelete