Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Babies and Kittens

Internet, do you remember when I told you that a good friend of mine was adopting and it is hard work (see http://tinasuntitledblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/so-it-just-came-to-my-attention.html)? Well I just found out that she might be getting a baby as soon as June third! So, if you’re a praying person, pray that it goes well and she gets the baby.
Also my work had kittens. No literally two weeks ago we found baby kittens behind our bike shed, they were about three weeks old at the time. We got all excited because they are adorable and Mama Cat let us play with the kittens. She even curled up on my lap and started purring for like a half hour. We found good homes for them and two of the four kittens went home this week. Then this morning we found out that a mom called a shelter and had the remaining two kittens and Mama picked up. It’s not a no kill shelter and so instead of Mama going home with my coworker in a week, she might get euthanized in two weeks. So when the mom came, I very nicely informed her that the kittens and Mama already had homes and asked if she could bring them back tomorrow. She YELLED at me internet! She yelled at me! I did nothing wrong and I was very careful to be polite but she yelled at me because we “need to do things properly” which apparently meant sending them to a shelter instead of finding homes. I called the shelter and left a message about the kittens, so hopefully they’ll be back tomorrow so I can get them sent to safe homes. I’ll keep you informed internet, but in the meantime, always ask before having strays picked up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment