Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Days of Song- Day Six

Day 6. Song that reminds you of somewhere- “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” by Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus, this had just come out when I went to DC before, and it literally came on the radio like 47 times on the car ride there. My friend was completely sick of it by then, so we changed the station every time, but every time I hear it now, I think of that road trip.
The other thing I think about when I hear this song is my dad. That trip was just weeks before my dad died (both happened in March of 2008). It was my penultimate year of college, I was supposed to go on my first international trip that summer (I didn't go), and I was graduating the next year. Other than myself, the person my graduation was most important to, was my dad, so this song kind of reminds me of my dad too (especially because it's a father and daughter singing).

No comments:

Post a Comment