Sunday, April 17, 2011

30 Days of Song- Days 3-4

I’m posting yesterday’s post a little late because I was out with a friend literally all day. We met at 11:15 for brunch with her family, then we did some shopping and crafting for another friend’s wedding shower, and now it’s 12:30 tomorrow morning. So I’m posting days 2 and 3 at the same time.

Day 3. A song that makes me happy- When I was in high school my boyfriend had a slot on a radio station. He and a friend were on from 3:00-4:30 every Friday afternoon. I had to go be at work as 4:00 and the other guy’s girlfriend didn’t get off until 3:45, so every week my boyfriend started the show playing a song for (I really only liked one song on their playlist, but I always listened to the whole first hour), and they ended the show with a song for the other guy’s girlfriend. The song they played for me was “All the Small Things” by Blink 182. That was over a decade ago, and to this day I smile every time I hear that song.


Day 4. A song that makes me sad- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland. I don’t know that I would have wanted to be “given away” but I wish that my dad could be there for my milestones. Not just a wedding, but my dad should have been there for my college graduation. I wish he could be there if I ever got married, or had children, or any number of things. Every time I hear this song, I want to give my dad a hug, and then I want to cry!

1 comment:

  1. I like the song "I Loved Her First." My dad heard it before I did and mentioned it to me. It really is a sweet song. I can't imagine being in your shoes, Tina. You're a very strong and courageous person.

    ReplyDelete